6/10 Interchange Project
As part of the 6/10 Interchange Reconstruction Project, motorists can expect the following changes:
- Rte. 6 East, all traffic shifted to the left just after the Hartford Ave. exit. Both eastbound and westbound lanes are narrowed and located on the westbound side of the highway.
- Rte. 6 East at Broadway, exit closed for construction for approximately 24 months. Follow signed detour.
- Rte. 10 North, from Union Ave. to the Tobey St. overpass, traffic shifts to the temporary Rte. 10 North and temporary Westminster St. ramp for approximately 24 months.
- Traffic shifts to the right on Rte. 6 West, from the Tobey St. overpass to Hartford Ave. for approximately 12 months.
- Traffic shifts on Broadway, from Barton St. to Olneyville Square for approximately 12 months.
- Traffic shifts on the Broadway and Westminster Street bridges over the highway.
The lane split on the Rte. 6/10 Connector outbound has shifted one-half mile to the north of its current location. Also, traffic from the Tobey St./Harris Ave. on-ramp does not have direct access to Rte. 10 South and needs to follow a detour using Rte. 6 West.
Daytime work anticipated behind barrier at the 6/10 Interchange.