Reflections on Continuing Momentum in 2019
Here at the United Regional Chamber, we’ve reflected on what made 2018 a memorable and successful year. First and foremost, we’re positive that it was your continued support and involvement of all of our members and their businesses. However, it was also our Board’s commitment to uphold our vision to build a vibrant, prosperous business environment by providing integrated services and resources to our membership as well as their continued commitment to actively create business opportunities by connecting, informing, leveraging and collaborating with our members. Our board and staff exemplify that we are not just a chamber of commerce, we are a chamber of connections.
I’m proud to say that, building up to our 102 ND anniversary, we made several positive changes to the organization. And we’re open to your ideas to further transform the chamber to best meet your needs.
As we look forward, we pledge to continue the ongoing momentum of the organization for the benefit of our members and the United Regional area communities.
- Continue fostering partnerships with city and county governments as well as other community-based entities and organizations to build a vibrant and prosperous business environment, promoting shopping local to keep those dollars turning over and over in our communities.
- Continue the facilitation of educational and professional development opportunities and partnerships for Chamber members on a variety of topics, including but not limited to Communication, Cybersecurity, Leadership, Leading Across Generations, Conflict Management, and Hiring and Retaining Key Employees.
- Maintain and regularly update the Chamber’s website and various publications to best showcase our members and our community while sharing pertinent information about our region to enhance the success of our existing business members.
- Continue assisting our members with their marketing and workforce development efforts by offering opportunities to promote their companies and products as well as career opportunities via the Chamber’s website and social media; not to mention our email marketing vehicles, including our weekly eNews distributed each Tuesday.
- Connect with each of our chamber member businesses through personal visitations and networking opportunities, including our monthly Executive Express-O and Alive After Five events, twice monthly Extreme Networking Groups, and the Member to Member (M2M) discounts program.
The United Regional Chamber of Commerce invites anyone with an interest in supporting the businesses and organizations in our region to become a member! We have levels of membership for businesses large and small. Because remember, small businesses are the backbone of this great country. On behalf of myself, the Chamber Staff, and the Chamber Board of Directors, thank you for your support and we look forward to a very prosperous 2019.
Again, please contact me with your suggestions about events, programs, and speakers that would help you grow your business.
Jack Lank, President/CEO